Sunday, February 17, 2008

If I could die just a little bit older
Live a little longer, before I grow colder
Light a fire and fan the flames
To change a world, remember this name

If I could die just a little bit older
In the end will it matter?
No, I’ll simply repeat my passing tomorrows
Just growing older with more sorrows
For if who I am has done nothing
Then who I will be, will do the same
And bring tomorrow, yesterday’s pain
Remember, tomorrow is not the day
Today is day, as if no tomorrow
live for this moment with purpose
and no disappointment will follow
to bite at the heels
nip at flesh till it rips, peels away
leaving a barren, bleached skeleton
to face this fading sunset of day

Life is such a wonder
A waste for some
As they aimlessly ponder
Am I such as those who daily think
And think, and think, staring at
the well of life, never bothering to drink
it seems so to me, for I daily sit and think
of missed opportunities of past dreams
that sat then on the edge, now on the brink
of the toilet bowl that I make of life

But time is if anything changing
Thus life which runs by time is changing
And so I change and shift
Slide from time to place to time again
Dream and die and dream again
Live to love and live to kill
All in the same nightmare
But there’s always a way out
For those who are motivated
But not always devout
There’s hope for me
If I but shake my doubt

2 Comments:

Blogger Nata said...

there is a reason that the sun goes down,
that the leaves fall,
that worms grow wings,
that my sandwich spoils,
that my socks start to stink,
that babies become men.

if these changes didn't happen,
what would tell us that there are yesterdays, todays, and tomorrows? since these changes do happen, what keeps us from making the changes of the yesterdays, todays, and tomorrows?

time is a second chance after second chance after second chance. have you ever given thought to now's second chance?

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone.Because I know He holds the future. And life is worth the living just because He lives."

Just a hint...

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home